The Indian New years have begun. Indian state Bengal (West Bengal) will celebrate its new year also known as Poila Boishakh (পহেলা বৈশাখ) or Bangla Nabobarsho (বাংলা নববর্ষ) on the 15th of April. Poila Boishakh is the first day of Bengali Calendar and therefore people celebrate the new beginning with new clothes, great food and new accounting balance in the business. Bangla Nobobarsho is a festival celebrated with great fervour in Bengal with the streets and shops decorated. Most shops and businesses start their new year so people distribute sweets, foods and beverages. The festival is celebrated throughout the Indian states of West Bengal, Odisha, Tripura and part of Assam by people of Bengali heritage, irrespective of their religious faith and the festival date is set according to the lunisolar Bengali calendar as the first day of its first month Baishakh. People wish each other on this day with the phrase ‘Shubh Novo Borsho’ which means may you have a happy new year. Poila Baisakh (Pohela Boishakh) 2019 Date: Know History & Significance Behind the Celebration of Bengali New Year.
Here are some other new year wishes you can share with your friends and families on this Bengali New Year or Poila Boishakh:
- Wishing a blessed and prosperous
Bengali New Year to you and your family.
Shubho Poila Boisakh!
2. As the new year dawns, hope it brings you a harvest of happiness and prosperity. Shubh Pahela Baishakh!
3. Wishing you a wonderful Poila Baisakh. May all your dreams come true, your aspirations find bigger wings and most importantly you feel loved wherever you go.
4. A New Year marks a new beginning welcome it with a grand feast and celebrate it with a high spirit. Shubho Poila Baisakh!
5. May this Poila Boisakh fill your life with an abundance of hope and happiness!
May you have a happy and prosperous new year, we wish a great life to each and every one. Let’s wish each other with all hearts and spread happiness.